Leading Florida Bankruptcy, Elder Law and Estates Practice
The attorneys at Carnal & Mansfield, P.A. assist Florida residents and businesses in real estate transactions, estate planning, and bankruptcy. For your convenience, here is an informative list of online resources pertaining to our practice areas. If you have a specific legal concern regarding a real estate contract, asset protection, elder care, or debt relief, please contact our office in St. Petersburg.
Selected Resources for Property Owners & Real Estate Professionals
- United States Department of Housing and Urban Development – HUD’s website provides information on the department’s major mortgage, grant, assistance, and regulatory programs, as well as information about buying a home, home improvements, and economic development, among other topics.
- Division of Real Estate – The Florida Division of Real Estate website is a valuable resource for real estate licensees and consumers, providing real estate business guidance and information for homebuyers and borrowers.
- Institute of Real Estate Management –IREM Chapter No. 44 provides education, resources, information, and opportunities for real estate management professionals located on the West Coast of Florida.
- Community Association Institute – The Suncoast Chapter of the CAI provides education and training to residential condominium, cooperative, and homeowner associations, and to the professionals and suppliers who service them.
Estate Planning & Probate Resources
- Estates & Trusts – The Florida Bar provides general information about the probate process, highlighting choices you have when it comes to handling a deceased family member’s estate.
- Guardianships – Here is the Florida Courts’ explanation of guardianship proceedings, requirements, and restrictions in Florida for both adults and minors.
- Florida Probate Code – The complete text of the Florida Probate Code is available online. The Table of Contents provides links to the specific codes.
- Probate in Florida – This Florida Bar pamphlet explains the probate process, the rights of surviving family members, obligations to estate creditors, and more.
- United States Bankruptcy Courts – The U.S. Bankruptcy Courts’ website provides a significant amount of information for consumers, including specific information on Chapter 7 and Chapter 13, as well as the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure.
- Bankruptcy Basics – Here you will find general information about federal bankruptcy laws and the bankruptcy process, as well as a glossary of terms.
- United States Trustee Program – The U.S. Trustee Program is a component of the United States Department of Justice that seeks to protect the integrity and promote the efficiency of the Federal bankruptcy system.
- American Bankruptcy Institute – The American Bankruptcy Institute provides information about the bankruptcy process for consumers, including a bankruptcy checklist and guidance on whether or not to file for bankruptcy.